So, I thought I would start a blog. Because, I dunno, I like to write but not necessarily about myself. I’ve been keeping a journal, but writing all about me gets kinda old. And, really, I only write in it when I have a lot going on and need to sort out my emotions by myself, without the input of others. Also, I feel bad for starting in the middle of my life. I know it’s a journal and only I read it so it doesn’t matter if I never give much backstory, but I feel like I’m confusing it. Poor journal.
I really like writing. Next, I’m going to tell you I love music. (I checked out some people’s Tumblrs/blogs, and everyone seems to say that. I haven’t met anyone who hated music.) No, that’s not me. Yes, I’m a teenager; (Will be for only another couple months technically, but I doubt I’ll feel like an adult, so let’s just say I’m still a teen.) I love music, friends, texting; all that good stuff. But, I’m not a boring teenager. I think. I just said I’ve gotten tired of writing about myself; you’ll probably take that to mean I think I’m boring. But really, I’m not.
I have opinions on things, like everyone else does, but maybe my views are interesting and funny, and people will enjoy reading them. When I was younger-I’m going to sound a little conceited here, please don’t be mad at me-I noticed a lot of things. I thought myself clever. Very soon after this sense of cleverness I learned humility, or I’m sure my parents would have thrown me out of a fast-moving car. I’m not saying I learned to tolerate the fact that other people “aren’t as smart as I,” I realized, somewhere along the road, that no matter what I can figure out, I’m still pretty idiotic.
So, I guess I should tell you a little bit about myself? I’m not really sure what people want to hear about. I did one of those “write 30 things about yourself” surveys, so I may or may not include it in a later post. For now, I’ll do my best to reassure you that there’s more to me than just having friends, liking music, and texting a lot. Back to that "clever" statement. I admit that I can be as oblivious as [insert oblivious person everyone knows about here-we all have that friend], but I do notice some things. Weird things. I would make an excellent stalker, if I had no regard for a person’s privacy. Or someone to stalk.
Anyways, I think noticing these weird things gives me a different take on things. (I was going to say unique, but that word is just so… corrupted. “You’re unique, M.” Thanks, that doesn’t really make me feel better. I’ll elaborate on this later.) I took a creative writing class last semester, and for our process essay (not a typical creative writing-ey assignment in my opinion) I wrote about the process that I go through, having what I’m pretty sure is OCD. So, I’m kinda anal about things, and being that way, you notice a lot of things. When something’s different from the norm, I notice. Because I like things to go a certain way, and when they don’t, I notice.
Enough about me. This is my blog, I hope you like it.
No comments:
Post a Comment